Monday, January 2, 2012

SNOW UPDATE, INFO

UPDATE below in RED

Easier to make a new post as opposed to amending prior posts.  At 7:20pm it's down to 17 degrees at my house, and the deck is white.  Better accumulation opportunities come in close to midnight, but up in exposed areas high in ACA winds are keeping snow moving around, for now.


Given the National Weather Service advisory, and given the radar returns I see in TN from the Morrisville radar, Apple Creek Road will be treated between 12am and 3am... hopefully the road will be in good shape for the early AM commute.  Precip is done late in the morning Tuesday, but we'll stay bitterly cold for a couple of days, so whatever falls sticks and stays.
 
6:00am

5:30am - 9 degrees and a tad over 2" on my deck.  Can't see Apple Creek Road so I have no idea what it's like.  TV folks say it's not good out there around our area on the back and secondary roads, but main roads are in decent shape, supposedly.  Just got in from shoveling my drive...powdery snow with no to minimal icy base.  Heard plow go by, so don't know if it's a second trip or if his schedule got backlogged, since many areas got the 2-4" of snow.

bob

3 comments:

  1. Bob just called and wanted me to post that he had no problem coming down the road at 7:30 am. We talked as he passed. He heading for the Greenville TV station for his show at 10 am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. January 4, 7:20 am 15 degrees. Road is much like it was late yesterday afternoon. Could not detect any black ice at 211 Apple Creek walking on the road. Tommy Cabe parked here last night and was gone when I check the road this morning at 7am. No traffic from up-road passing since I got up.
    Go safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan. 4 7:30a....it was 12 degrees when I went to bed, but up to 24 degrees at 7am...I like that trend!

    ReplyDelete