Monday, November 24, 2014

WEATHER INFO

In part, I wanted to post some info on the past couple of weeks for those homeowners that are not up here on the mountain, to keep them informed...but also to look ahead for a potentially wintry mix Tuesday night through Wednesday for those here.

Before the first of two cold waves hit, we were experiencing strong inversions.  Before sunrise one morning, I had 51 degrees on my deck and when I got to Ingles it was 29 degrees....that's an astounding 22 degree inversion from just over 1000' elevation change.  In the first cold wave, I had a Friday low/high of 17/22, with a low of 14 Saturday morning before warming up.  Thankfully it did as I had 1.26" or rain Sunday.

The second cold hit was record setting in many locations...I have never seen single digit lows this early here, as it got down to 9 degrees behind the front, with 11 degrees the following morning. Thankfully it warmed again, and just yesterday Sunday's rain tallied 1.05" in my gauge here at the end of Staymon.

Lot of travel plans inbound and outbound around Apple Creek this week with Thanksgiving days away.  Yet another cold hit is also coming in Tuesday, though it won't be the bitter cold of the other two shots.  Regardless, we may well be in for a wintry mix of snow, sleet, and rain Tuesday night into Wednesday.  Too early to tell which side of the temperature fence we will fall on, but my two snow models are already putting out 1-3" for ACA, with one pushing 3-5".  For now, the thinking is just 1" or less based on temps being just that critical degree or two warmer allowing for less frozen precip.  So just a heads up for the moment.  I'm pretty sure I'll post a more formal outlook by Tuesday afternoon.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment