Sunday, September 16, 2018

SUNDAY A.M. UPDATE

745pm last evening from the end of Staymon (click to enlarge)

There's not really a whole lot to post about in terms of concerns and changes for ACA.  As I type here before 10am, I've had 0.4" of rain and very little in terms of winds, but the heavier rain and breezier bands will be here later today.  


The center of circulation was over Saluda, SC, forecast to turn NW and come pretty much overhead here in ACA tonight.  The heaviest rains continue to be in the NE quadrant, so of the 3-6" I wrote about Thursday, I'm hedging on the low end for us.  The only concern I have in ACA will be the possibility of a falling tree here or there.

I did make a run down the 4-lane to Walmart and over to Ingles and such this morning.  In both directions, the high speed lane has been recently paved, with the slow right lane roughed up and ready for paving.  That slow lane demands caution as the ponding in that particular lane jerked my steering wheel significantly a few times.  Take the paved lane and avoid the right one should you head out.  

As yet there are no good links to share on storm data due to the persistent weather still pounding eastern NC.  I'll post those as they become available...and any changes for us should there be any.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment