Saturday, February 8, 2020

ANOTHER SHOT OF SNOW TODAY...


UPDATE @ 1215PM: Pic says it all about my getting back to home at noon. Below blue roof is some bare road patches, but above there roads are snow covered and slippery. I have 4wd with traction control and new tires, and I had trouble getting home. Please use extreme caution if you must travel at this time.
_______________________

ACA is under another  Winter Weather Advisory today from 6:00 a.m. until midnight. Unlike every other system we have had so far this winter, this one is coming at us from the Southwest. The heavier snowfall will fall a couple of counties to our west along the southern edge of the Blue Ridge escarpment. We still are in position to pick up another 1 to 2" of snow with the higher ridge tops above 4000' maybe picking up 3 or 4".

 The ground has been cold enough long enough (21 at home as I type) that snow will stick and make the roads slippery once it starts to accumulate. Too, there were lot of wet places from all the excessive rainfall that may be icy today as well. Temperatures are not supposed to go much above freezing and probably not even to 30゚ at my house, so what precipitation we get will be in the form of snow.

 I will post any updates and notes about road conditions as I get them.


Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment