Friday, April 8, 2022

SNOW STUFF....


Saturday 7am update
: ~1.5" here at the end of Staymon.  Driveway was clear and no icy spots, even with the 27-degree temperature.  Steps had a rough icy layer under the snow, but it's also grippy.  The snow, albeit light, made it into the valleys as I can see some white down toward Lake J.  Light snow showers will continue today, but any accumulations should be quite light.  The winds will pick up later today, making for a good wind chill.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Insofar as my personal records, I've seen sleet at 54 degrees many years ago, and earlier today I saw it snow at 48 degrees.  It's simply indicative of how cold the air is aloft, and how close it is to the ground.

It's gotten colder of course, 35 degrees as I write at the end of Staymon right now.  Clearly, it will all melt...but late overnight tonight, it may open the door for some light accumulations, mostly in the upper half of ACA. My favored models go 1-2", but with temps above 32 and liquid mixing in at times, I really expect zero issues on the roads, and only light accumulations on the non-road surfaces due to melting, if that.

Ultimately, it warms mightily by Monday with highs in the 70s.  However, complicating things to some degree are the winds that will be picking up with the passing of our current cold front.  The Sheep Mountain fire was started by someone burning brush that should not have been doing so...luckily the recent rains quelled that blaze.

On the upswing, this is the 'explosion' time (my words) of wildflowers and greening of the mountain the next couple of weeks.  I'll be posting pics of this spring's wildflowers and such soon.



Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment