Friday, November 5, 2010

SNOW: 730a Saturday UPDATE

Wouldn't you know that overnight the snow showers would do what they do best: DUMP.  2" new snow overnight at the house and the driveway is white, so I can only imagine ACA has some snow covered roads, at the very least above Staymon.  One of my dogs went down the driveway and I could see black where they'd trodden, so that's a good sign for easier cleanup.  Temp is 28, and forecast high is only in the mid 30s, upper 30s down low.

Our forecast is controlled by the office in Greer, SC, and all I could scare up was a 10p snow report wherein most Haywood County reports were about nearly melted snow from Friday morning's snow showers.  Other high elevations had 4-5" of snow:  Beech Mountain, Newfound Gap (Smokies), and Roan Mountain.


Below is a frame from my radar showing a steady band of snow showers moving down the I-40 corridor in TN and up to Madison County.  Hard for radars to get the true scope of precipitation here because of the mountainous terrain and the low-level nature of these clouds to begin with.  I can only assume that for a few more hours any additional accumulation would be very light.


As I see information come in I'll update this page.  If you have a report at your house or road, make a comment to this post.  It will be a while before I get out.  Click on pics below to enlarge slightly if you wish.


748am radar grab
730a on my deck



2 comments:

  1. we had the snow dump overnight too....almost 2" here....road in front of our place is clear and wet and just saw a pickup truck go down with seemingly no problems (8:55am)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for the report. Glad to hear the road looks good...just need to go clean off my steep drive once I finish my coffee!

    ReplyDelete