Friday, May 30, 2014

MY CONVERSATION WITH A BEAR

Note to self: bring the bird feeders in at night.  

     Last night, only about 7 feet from the bedroom window stood a rather large black bear that I struck up a conversation with.  No matter the din of three dogs barking madly at lawnmower-level decibels, it just stood there and looked at me as I talked with it.  I'm not adept at sexing bears at O'dark-thirty, so I'll pick the male version....I know enough to never call anything that's female 'big' or 'huge'.  :-)  That bear easily would tip the scales at 250#.  After it ambled off the deck at one gear higher than a 3-toed sloth, I set out my game camera, figuring it would return for that which it hadn't already destroyed.  FYI, the camera lens was roughly 45" above the deck, so even seeing only the south-bound end of a north-bound bruin, you can see he had some bulk.



Thursday morning I was treated to a brief sun spike before sunrise, with the upper level clouds just right.  Click to enlarge any pic, as always.                       - Bob
5-28-14 Dawn with sun spike




4 comments:

  1. Bob,

    Great photos of both the bear and the sun spike. I think we are now neighbors, as my darling and I are buying a house in Apple Creek Acres (#869). I found this blog when looking into Apple Creek Acres information, and I think it's great.

    We live full-time in Florida (I know, I know, but, we're not like all the other Floridians - HA HA), but, look forward to meeting our neighbors on our next visit to work on the house.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, MIke,

      Just sent you an email...welcome to the mountain!

      Delete
    2. I can't find an email from you. I've checked spam and trash and can't seem to find it. Perhaps I've got something amiss with my blog settings.

      Anyway, if you'd like to resend, maybe try it directly - MikeMadBch@gmail.com

      Look forward to hearing from you.

      Thanks,
      Mike

      Delete