Sunday, May 4, 2014

SPRING!!!! AND "BEAUTIFICATION"...

Trillium
It was only 2-3 weeks ago we had a skiff of snow one night and a low of 19 degrees...so I know I speak for many that we are happy to see the greening of spring on the mountain.  And what a weekend it has been!

I spoke with Irene recently...as you may or may not know, she and Judy have done yeoman's work every year making our entrance lovely and welcoming. But you may not know not a penny from our lot assessments/dues goes towards the beautification of the entrance.  We no longer have a slush fund for that which heretofore would get funded at annual meetings by raffles and such, and Irene and Judy buy all the mulch, plants, etc. and donate their time for all of us to enjoy coming home.  I know I do.

If anyone would like to make a nominal donation to defray their costs, you can catch 'em at what many of us call "The Big House" or give 'em a jingle at 828-316-7000.  They have done a lot for us over the years, and when their house sells and they move away, they will be sorely missed.



The leaves keep coming out every day, and the wildflowers are out in full force.  My hummingbirds showed up shortly after Tax Day, and the corn feeder I put up to detour my boomers (red squirrels) away from my sunflower feeders has failed miserably...I don't think they know what corn is!  But the past few days I've enjoyed the brilliant displays of Rose-breasted Grosbeaks and Indigo Buntings.  It is surely gorgeous 'round these parts.

Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment