Sunday, September 10, 2017

"IRMA" AND STUFF...

8-26-17 sunrise through a Cherry tree, end of Staymon Road

"Irma" has certainly been the headlines, so no need for me to rehash the latest.  Those here in ACA have really enjoyed the crisp mornings in the 40s of late...that trough in the jet stream has been lifting NE, opening the atmospheric door for Irma to travel further west, now up the west coast of peninsular FL and curling from Columbus, GA into western TN before stalling a tad.

We'll get breezy, if not windy, with sporadic bands of rain, heavy at times, Monday and Tuesday.  Models paint a 3-5" total for most of western NC, though I think 2-4" may be a tad more accurate for ACA.  We need the rain...our drought has not been in the news, but portions of our region are well short in the water department, so anything we can garner would be appreciated.

My only concern is that as I'm heading down at 7am to head to Waynesville Middle School that I round a bend to find a big tree across the road.  I know a few others may proceed me, so hopefully we'll still be fairly mobile on the mountain.  We do have paving that is already a tad delayed, and will continue to be more delayed, as the paving company works around the wet weather and adjusted schedules.  We'll be sure to alert everyone as to the timing of our paving for the fall.

The annual HOA meeting last month went off without a hitch, and as soon as approved minutes come my way I'll pass them along.  You'll also get them with the end-of-year assessment/dues.  Looks like we're on track and on a 'normal' pattern for now in ACA.

Bob

3 comments: