Monday, March 12, 2018

WINTER STORM WARNING: UPGRADE

Well, well, well....it's in the upper 30s as I type around 5:20am at the end of Staymon, with the only snow near here up around 5,000 feet.  The cold air is a bit slow to move in, but there is a healthy thick band of snow poised in TN and KY moving this way hours from now.

However, we have been upgraded for potentially more snow by the GSP weather office.  The Winter Storm Warning is for 2-5" of snow above 3500', and below 3500' there is a Winter Weather Advisory for 2-4" of snow.  Both of these outlooks now run until 8am Tuesday, well past the prior 12am cut-off.  

FYI,  My GFS model last night still sat at 0-1", while the NAM took ACA back to 2-3".  I guess I have to defer to the NWS as they have far more tools at their disposal than I do.  While we're rain this AM, I would now throw caution to the wind that as the morning wears on, snow will pick up and we may well have accumulated snow in ACA to deal with for those of us that need to get back up late this afternoon.

Today, I may only be able to add any news or updates via the comments section below.  For those of you on the mountain, please post any info that relates to snow and our roads.  Thanks in advance for that help.


Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment