Monday, January 14, 2019

ULTRA-FINE SNOW ACCUMULATING....UPDATE

First, the top of ACA is looking like a winter wonderland this evening, in that the fine snow has coated all branches, trees, and spotty accumulations on the ground.  My deck at the end of Staymon has a coating of icy slush on it. I hit 32 degrees at the mirror curve, though flakes can be seen down to Mauney Cove.

The forecast simply mentions non-significant accumulations for the ACA area.  The moisture field is largely below the radar beam from GSP, so it looks like nothing is going on here on most radar apps...but I know differently since it's wintry out there.  It's also hard to 'forecast' that which isn't showing up well on the radar.

5:10pm 1-14-19 @ end of Staymon Rd.
So, especially for those of us higher up, just check your steps and driveway before moving around anywhere.  I'll update later if bigger issues develop, or in the morning if there are early AM issues per travel.


Bob

3 comments:

  1. Have about 0.5" this morning at the end of Staymon, with a thinner coat on the driveway. I didn't find the driveway slippery, and the ice melt improved the driveway quickly. Temps will rise from the 25 I have to above freezing this afternoon to dispel any issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ventured down to it but can see from my window that Apple Creek is covered and it is 25° here at 579. There are tracks on Apple Creek but I don't see pavement through them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost traction above blue roof house going very slow in snow mode @630am...it's these light amounts that are often the most troublesome. Use utmost caution and keep it slow.

    ReplyDelete