Sunday, December 1, 2019

UPGRADE: WINTER STORM WARNING

For elevations above 3500', the Winter Weather Advisory has been upgraded to a Winter Storm Warning (click on link).  Basically, that means a vote of confidence from the National Weather Service (NWS) for the higher accumulations I spoke of in the prior post.

 Truth be told, the forecast amounts per the warning are even higher. It still stands to reason the highest accumulations will be on the Tennessee border. However, the NWS is upping the potential snowfall, even for Waynesville, to 4 to 5" down low and 5 to 10" above 3500'. Seems high to me, but I defer to caution. Do my favored interpolated models see anything new, now? No. Still 0-1".  Hmmm...

As I type a little after 11:00 p.m. tonight, the temperature is 36゚ and the snow, at least by the radar, is falling above us toward Fines Creek. I will be updating early in the morning once I see what is happening.

Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment