Tuesday, December 15, 2020

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY

3:30am Wednesday update: 30 degrees and 100% light ice coating on all surfaces, driveway included, here on Staymon Road.  Leaving at 4:30am....will try and update conditions I found when I can once I get to Asheville.

5:20am update: I was a little surprised to find no ice on Apple Creek Road which is only about 125 ft lower in elevation than my driveway which was covered in ice. I had no ice all the way down. No ice on Mauney Cove.  The roads are fine and I had zero issues getting to Asheville. Be careful though... You never know if that can change here in these early hours.

A messy little system moves in overnight with a mixed bag of wintry precipitation. Sleet and snow are more easily dealt with than anything icy, but it looks to be a mixture of all of it. Surface temperatures will be critical given the limited moisture pool. 

 Apple Creek Acres is under a Winter Weather Advisory (click HERE) from midnight tonight until noon Wednesday for up to an inch of the above wintry mix (should be less for us). I have to drive down the mountain between 4-5am, and I'll make a quick comment in the comment section below per conditions I encountered.


Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment