Saturday, December 24, 2022

CHRISTMAS EVE...

Apparently the snow-over-ice issue was mostly above the double-hairpin curve.  I finally got my driveway in useable shape to head into town on errands Friday, though Staymon Road is slippery. I've only gotten down to -6 degrees this morning, so not the coldest I've seen over the years....but suffice it to say I'm glad the wind isn't blowing any harder now!

Speaking of wind, for those that like numbers, click HERE to read the ranked NWS reports of maximum winds in the GSP forecast area.  I was surprised that I kept power on, though some Duke Energy trucks did travel above Staymon Road, so someone must have had a power issue (hopefully short-lived).

Thankfully there is no other precipitation forecast while we are in the deep freeze.  The wind advisories peter out Christmas morning, and it looks like most of us in ACA will go above 32 degrees Monday.  By Thursday and Friday, highs will be in the mid 50s to around 60, so keep the faith.  All will be sunny and dry through the week.

Whatever and however you celebrate this season, I wish everyone good health (not easily come by these days) and safe times.  I'll leave you with one of my favorite videos and songs:  The Platters singing "White Christmas"...

Click HERE


Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment