Sunday, April 24, 2016

SPRING HAS DONE SPRUNG

The warmer weather is here to stay, and the greening has long been underway on our mountain.  While the trees are a bit behind, the wildflower profusion is glorious, but I'm afraid with my bum legs right now it's hard to get out my trail into the woods for more and better photographs.  As of early June I'll be Bionic Man with two new full metal knees and able to explore more...they say.  Yay!

Each year I realize I post the same flowers, but this is for those not here right now, as well as any new residents.  I went to shoot some pics of Squirrel Corn at the Big Curve, but wouldn't you know the first pic I tried to take the camera said "battery exhausted".  Grrrrrrr.  So I'll post some others later for those that want to know what they are looking at.

Cut-Leaved Toothwort

Birds Eye Violet

Dwarf Larkspur

FIddlehead Fern

Large Flowering Bellwort

Large Flowering Trillium

Smooth Violet

Star Chickweed

Wake Robin Trillium (white varietal, of course)


Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment