Sunday, December 10, 2017

SUNDAY UPDATE

The plow has been up and down Apple Creek Road. What salt was put down had not had time to work when I got to Apple Creek Road, shortly after the plowing. I imagine it's improving quickly by now.

Per side roads, all I know is that he attempted Staymon Road and didn't even make it to the Hughes' landing due to icy conditions.  Maybe they got to other side roads, I don't know. I walked down to the bottom of Staymon and drove my vehicle all the way to the end of Staymon on the first try, with no serious slipping, so it's negotiable with a good 4WD system and knowing where to make your tracks.

After a low of 16 for me this morning, the temperature is pushing above the freezing mark, though barely.  Tonight's lows will be well into freezing territory, nearing 20... refreeze will be widespread, with some black ice likely. Temps should warm up for us and help conditions Monday and part of Tuesday, but....

Another NWF (northwest flow) clipper system and colder air will pour in late Tuesday into Wednesday with the chance for more light snow (like last evening, ~1").  Hopefully there will be enough ground/road warmth to keep roads in passable shape.  I'll post an update if warranted closer to that time frame.

I will be posting the minutes from the annual meeting late today or tomorrow.  Just didn't want that post to get lost in the shuffle of road updates.  Stay tuned.


Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment