Tuesday, February 8, 2011

WEATHER: Round #2 this week



I write this before 7pm Tuesday...within 24 hours there could be some light snow, with a better surge around midnight Wednesday into Thursday for several hours.  Originally this system was looking potent, but for myriad reasons I won't go into here, it's not nearly as onerous.


1-3", 3" up high and 1" down low.  Thursday AM commute issues for Apple Creek Road, like this last dropping.  Models have been in agreement for several runs.  I buy it.


One interesting thing I've noted this winter is how much ACA changes above the Blue Roof house....akin to the 3500' elevation.  I drove up today in my front wheel drive and had to go to chains in the middle of the snow/ice-covered double hairpin curves.  Amazing how 1.5" of slick snow can cause problems for us, especially in our shaded stretches of roads.


After this next storm clears out later Thursday, get ready for sunshine and warming temperatures.  By Monday we should see temps in the 55-58 range for highs...."I'll take a dozen of those, please."

No comments:

Post a Comment