Monday, February 7, 2011

WEATHER this week

I've held off posting this because the Wed-Thu storm is all over the board...which leads me to think whatever we'll get may well be a whimper, which would suit us all fine.  This afternoon's showers will likely turn over to snow after dark, but the 'likely' chances last only until midnight before things tail off.  An inch or less, I suspect. Tuesday morning lows will be well down in the 20s, so what accumulation falls will still be there, so heads up for Tuesday AM commutes down the mountain.


The Wed-Thu storm system is still quite 'iffy' on many levels.  Both the NAM and GFS keep us 1-3" or 2-4" on most runs, though the NAM went hogwild overnight and gave us 8".  Compare that to this morning's GFS run which has the system falling apart before it gets here, with a minimal snow (1" or so). Clear as mud, it is. I'll update later in the day Tuesday.


bob

3 comments:

  1. 6:45 am Tues Morning-28 degrees. One car just passed heading down road SLOWLY. I leave myself for Sylva in a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Message from Al earlier this AM: AC Road is snowcovered top to bottom, and where there isn't much snow it's very icy (in front of Chris' house). Got 1-2" up top. Bad icy stretch in front of trash place on Mauney. I'll post weather update much later in the day today...depends on how easily or not I make it back home! ugh.... bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo about the bad icy stretch in front of the trash place at the corner of Mauney Cove and 276. It was a bit difficult to stop for the red light because of the ice. As to AC Road, when I came back up the hill about 11am the road was clear all the way up to where I turned the corner between the blue-roofed house and our house.

    ReplyDelete