Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"Boomers..."

The post prior to this is for the Damon's lost cat "Bootsie"...please read if you haven't done so already.  I referred to 'boomers' in a comment on that post, and since I recently got some cute pics of one taunting Molly, figured I'd post 'em here.  Old timers in the mountains have called these little Red Squirrels 'boomers' ever since I can remember.  They are mainly higher elevation squirrels, and cross over very little with lower elevation Gray Squirrels.  I'm at 3775' and only this summer did the first Gray in 3 years show up here...Boomers abound, as do Chipmunks.

Click on pics to enlarge...keep in mind between my lens and the boomer was Molly, knowing she didn't have the speed to actually catch the furry critter.



 


FOR SCALE, NOTE BOOMER ON TOP CORNER OF THE ROCKING CHAIR

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment