Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tuesday AM update

So far so good, all things considered.  Still moisture upstream to head this way as blowing snow, but looks like the GFS won ACA's first round of wintry weather with it's low-side prediction.  Moskos family reported no snow/ice at the blue roof house, but I've got something close to 2" here at the end of Staymon.  My driveway has a lot of the snow blown off, but there is a VERY slick icy layer under the thinnish white veil, along with icy leaves.  Al Rose reported the road is clear to the top, and they were at 29 degrees.

9a update:  looks like any appreciable snowfall still to come will stay just NE of us.  at 7am there were several places with 3-4" of snow, but no more than that...still holds
11:20am update:  Well, I'll be...the Smokies did get whammied!  18" at Newfound Gap, 17" at Mt. LeConte


9am view NE toward Junaluska

745 AM Tuesday

My big maple just a week ago!

Amazed that the power has stayed on (knock on wood)...and the core of colder air simply hasn't gotten here, either.  I was at 31 all night, no mid 20s.


Feel free to add any info in the comment section or email me and I'll put it in.  I'll also add some photos in to this post shortly, as well as data updates that y'all might find interesting.  Watching news reports what has happened in the NE...eeeegads.

bob

No comments:

Post a Comment