Wednesday, November 27, 2013

SNOW TODAY

Getting ready to head out in 10 minutes, so will not be able to add any blog updates myself for at least 3 hours.  Very limited traffic has moved up and down Apple Creek Road today, but it has moved, albeit slowly, per Chris Martin.  At 1:50pm I still see only tire tracks on AC Road but have to head out regardless.  Still some snow showers incoming from TN, but I've totaled 1.75" and wouldn't expect a whole lot more.  Happy Thanksgiving to all!  Be safe....
Bob
-----------------------------------------------------

8:40am UPDATE: from Keith Patton (president)
"M&S to be here to plow&salt between noon and 1:00 today. I've taken a short walk  and there is HEAVY ice under the snow. Would highly recommend no travel until the road is treated. I will be here if needed." 
----------------------------------------------------

At 6am it was 26 degrees with about 1/3" of snow on the ground here on Staymon...a heavier band of snow is incoming soon and for now not much behind it.  However, ACA is in a Winter Storm Warning through midnight, and there is still plenty of moisture in TN to head our way - sort of.  To be honest, at this time, I don't see that much precipitation heading directly for ACA....from Madison County on northward they stand to have higher accumulations when all is said and done.  2-4" has been the standing forecast for our area, which I subscribe to, but I see the 2" more than the 4"...with all of the holiday travel taking place, that would be a nice outcome.

My big concern was what ice would be under the snow. That thought was just confirmed with a report from Al Rose at the top: he just went out and there is ice under the snow.  Stands to reason Apple Creek Road would be slick and dangerous for now. Temps are forecast to slowly drop through the day, looking for a low around 10 degrees tonight in ACA, and winds are supposed to be cranking, as well.  

I know I have to leave ACA today, but will most likely wait until Apple Creek Road is plowed and/or salted which is slated for early this afternoon at last check.  I will update this page with information as I get it...any reports you may have on conditions or vehicle traffic are always welcome.  You can post them via the comments section or email me the information and I can put it in for you.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment