Saturday, January 16, 2021

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN PROGRESS

 I won't be back on the mountain until after midnight, and more than likely will make a quick new post about any road conditions I need to mention.

Our Winter Weather Advisory is in effect until 7am Sunday for up to 3" of snow.  So far, the snow is coming from the W/WSW which greatly limits our accumulations.  The Smokies and the Plott Balsams will pick up most of it, which the 3" was called for.

Should the direction become NW, which I don't see happening except maybe toward the end, then snow may lay down a little better.  I'd say for us a heavy dusting low and 1 to maybe 2" for the upper half of ACA. 

I suppose two good things are happening.....limited snow...and no icy belly like the last two events.  Just keep in mind even the lightest coatings can get very slippery, hence my update once I get home. Winds later today will only add to that chill...and it won't be until Tuesday we warm some in the afternoon.

Something to consider: I had to put a stop order for mail online for the post office since they won't attempt Staymon Road, a skating rink unless you have the right vehicle. That way, should you need to do that, you can go by there with your order # and pick up your mail and packages.  It will help to be specific about any large packages that you may be looking for, they told me.


Bob

3 comments:

  1. Is there something special I need to do to get added to the ACA FB page? Sent request yesterday. Just checking

    Art
    1496 AC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there something special I need to do to get added to the ACA FB page? Sent request yesterday. Just checking

    Art
    1496 AC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helpful knowing your vehicle is 4WD. Since ours is only AWD, I will not assume i can make it up or down our hill if you can.

    ReplyDelete