Monday, February 23, 2015

BLACK ICE AND....DARE I SAY?

The Winter Weather Advisory in place for ACA this morning is for black ice concerns...and my driveway had a thin ice glaze before 6am.  30 degrees as I type here at the end of Staymon, so please use caution on our roads because at this moment I have no idea the extent of ice and temperatures.

The weather stays chilly and unsettled for a few days, and though temps will make for a wintry mix at times today, it's light and not a big concern.  However, tonight into early Tuesday, the NWS may hoist another advisory for 1-2" of snow.  My models are in agreement, one being 0.5-2" and the other 2-3".  Though they cover a total over days, the best chances are for this period.

Some of you may have discovered first hand now next to impossible it is to pull a slope in pure slush, which we had on side roads here yesterday as temps hit 50 and above.  I was one of the fortunate early on to make it up the steep assault on the lower half of Staymon, but that was on the fourth try in 4-low.  At least the slush has hardened or soon will.  :-)


Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment