Thursday, February 19, 2015

ROAD UPDATES

Passing this along from President Keith Patton:

The paved road will be resalted again today. They are going to attempt to scrape side roads but expect limited results with the ice pack frozen into the ground. It is what it is. Please, "No salt on gravel roads". I expect little improvement before the weekend and urge everyone to stay off the road if possible. 


------------------------------------------------------


I'll be posting a weather update sometime on Friday, as we may go under another advisory if not a watch/warning for snow/sleet.  I need to make a run to town and if I do, I'll report on the road up to Staymon, but I think we all know to not venture out unless necessary.  I have various brands of salt and traction mixtures, but the Morton Salt brand (Walmart) good to minus 15 is doing well on my driveway tire tracks I had to re-salt a short bit ago.  Winds stayed up a good bit of the night, which helped to limit this morning's low to minus 4.


Bob

1 comment:

  1. I had to make a trip into town and had no trouble going down from and back up to Staymon Road, with 4WD. I also went very slowly, especially down. Plenty of icy spots on the road, and looks like they have already come and salted, etc.

    ReplyDelete