Thursday, February 9, 2023

HEATING UP...SNOW FORECAST, THAT IT IS...

 

1-16-2023 Dawn from the end of Staymon

This is a quick post as I'm out of town with Texas A&M track at Clemson, back Sunday night.  This potentially sizeable storm has been growing steadily through the model runs.  What was once 1-2", both the GFS and EURO want to put 1-3" in lower ACA and 4-8" in upper ACA.  I have to leave that higher number in as one GFS algorithm I have always liked over the years has us 12-15".  Don't invest in that one, yet (I hope).

Snow should start Saturday evening/night, and go well into Sunday morning.  Expect snow falling with the air temp above 32 degrees, however.  Ultimately, after midnight, the temps drop when the snow is expected to be the heaviest, and it's all a matter of timing of those temps and precipitation.

All for now as I've got to scoot.  Will keep updating with new posts as pertinent information comes in.



Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment