Monday, January 15, 2024

APPLE CREEK ROAD: TROUBLE

I just made a run to the trash facility and back, and the changes, as in deterioration, were dramatic.  34 at the bottom, 32 at the double hairpins, and 31 on Staymon and dropping.  Road is white-covered and very slippery...and I was in bulldog gear and snow mode, and I STILL started sliding above the upper hairpin where the road begins to level out.  I BARELY made it up Staymon and then didn't even attempt my driveway. 

This is wet snow on top of wet sleet/slush, a lose-lose proposition.

The rapidity of the worsening road was quite eye-opening.  While we dodged the first part early this morning with surface temps too warm to accumulate much of anything, that has now changed as we won't see 32 until Thursday afternoon (though some in partial sun or down low could Wednesday afternoon).

Stay off the roads is my advice.  It was okay on Mauney, but it's a matter of time as temps drop.



Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment