Monday, January 29, 2024

ROAD/WEATHER UPDATE


Thanks to a lousy communication delay from the school system, I went ahead down Apple Creek Road around 5:20am, only to find out at the bottom that school was closed.  Oh well, into town to get gas and a few groceries...except stores don't open until 6am, 7a for Food Lion.  Oh well.

I came back up to Staymon Road around 630am and here is what I encountered.

32 degrees at the gate. minor snow amounts on non-road surfaces, road clear.

31 degees around the blue roof house (3500'), and the higher you go the more snow there is.

Double hairpins: snowy, first big area for that.  From there to Staymon there were passages of white, but I never slipped (4WD, etc.)

I can't speak for the roads past Staymon, sorry!

30 degrees at Staymon and snowing.  But for those on Staymon, it is exceptionally clear on the slope (read wide dark paths for tires), and then all snow covered on the flat past Dean's.  My driveway was covered and slick as a trout so I parked at the bottom and walked up.

That's all my news from Lake Wobegon.  Be careful...temps should warm some later today and get rid of any road issues.



Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment