Saturday, January 27, 2024

WINTER STORM WARNING POSTED

 A WINTER STORM WARNING has been posted for Haywood County for elevations 3500 - 4500' (upper ACA) for 2-6 inches of a wintry 'mix' of precipitation.  Click HERE for the official wording.  6-9" for elevations above 4500', but ACA tops out around 4000'.  The warning starts at noon Sunday and continues through noon Monday.

Interestingly, the NWS is seeing something I'm not seeing in my modeling, be it the NAM, GFS, and EURO.  I was thinking maybe 1-2" tops for upper ACA, so I was a bit surprised to see the warning and amounts come across my phone.

This will be a NW flow event as cold air and wrap-around moisture move in behind a cold front.  Good news we get cold air but not a super deep freeze.  Still, the concern is that this won't be pure snow, so icy 'stuff' will work in, complicating road conditions here.  And we had a LOT of complications with the last event.

I'll be here on the mountain and will update as needed, be it Sunday afternoon or Monday morning.


Bob



  

No comments:

Post a Comment