Thursday, January 16, 2014

AM ROAD UPDATE

Apple Creek Road was plowed/treated yesterday around 5pm.  Had additional very light flurries after that to dust things over.  Low this morning has been 13 at my house.  Looking for a sunny day, with highs back up into the 20s, so some more melting is in order.

Made a 7am trash run, mainly to test the roads myself from the end of Staymon, and I was not the first one down.  Lower Apple Creek Road below the Moskos blue roof home has plenty of asphalt showing with only minor white patches.  The higher you go, the more snow covered the road is, but I have to say I had zero slippage issues in 4WD, up or down.  I will add here that if two cars are passing each other in a narrow area, the car heading downhill should be the one to stop if someone has to.  Heading uphill, if you stop, you run a risk of not being able to get going, depending on the spot. Just my two cents.

Lots of cars on the side of the road, but kudos to all who did as the cars are well off and out of the way.  I can only guess a 2WD car would have trouble on the road still on the upper portion.

As always is the case, upper Mauney Cove Road leaves a LOT to be desired, but it improves below Hall Top.

Maybe another inch of snow late tonight as another blast of colder air moves in.  More on that later today if I see issues.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment