Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A.M. UPDATE



STAYMON ROAD


_______________________________
From Frank Moskos @ 8:30p:
I went down and picked up my mother-in-law at 8:30pm in my Subaru with chains on it. it is a bit slick, but manageable. I would highly recommend staying in.

From Chris Martin @ 10:30pm:
"A car appears to have gone off road adjacent the Conners.  The car lights are off so I'll check later.  Our drive is almost full, maybe can take one mare car.  Those parked here hope to leave early in the morning if they can."

From Chris Martin @ 8:00am:
The car that stopped last night is still on Apple Creek road but does not appear to be blocking it.  Haven't seen any cars pass
____________________
 From Keith Patton, President:
The road will be plowed and salted this morning. There is a sheet of ice underneath the snow. With the temperatures being as they are, I expect little improvement today,with tomorrow not looking any better. The recommendation from here is to stay off the road until we get some temperatures above 25F.
_______________________________
At 6:40am I have 2.25" of snow at 2 degrees at the end of Staymon...3" reported by Al Rose up top...and at this time that's all I have to share.  It was a pretty sight, the snow coming down yesterday, but there are travel issues galore in this region.  Come back to this page and refresh it as I will post what information comes my way, or some pics once the sun rises.
_____________________
Click HERE for snow reports from the National Weather Service.

Bob

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have no word on that at this time. Will post it as soon as I hear anything, though.

      Delete
  2. John Stoeckel phoned in that he made it down from Staymon without any problem, though he said Staymon and Split Rail were devilishly tricky to negotiate. Slow is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete