Friday, January 24, 2014

APPLE CREEK ROAD VIDEO AND STUFF

Minus 7 degrees on my deck this A.M. and up to a balmy 14 in the shade over snow here at 1:40pm.  I don't see my house getting to 32 degrees for at least 7 days, unfortunately, and we have yet another hard cold hit early next week.  

Too, there could be some nice snow showers midday tomorrow, Saturday...the conservative GFS is a dusting-1" but the more aggressive (and accurate for this last snow) NAM has us 1-2" with 3" close by.  At this time there is no advisory or watch, so I'm guessing the NWS is leaning toward the GFS solution which is small taters for us.  PLENTY of salt residue on Apple Creek Road to help out, as long as temps will cooperate with the salt.

Yesterday I took a new GoPro for a spin on the hood of my car and filmed Apple Creek Road from the bottom to the top, and then sped it up into a 3 minute video.  Due to the size of the file, I've kept the size of the video small, but it's a unique look at our road that many may not be familiar with.  Enjoy!



Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment