Tuesday, February 9, 2016

APPLE CREEK ROAD IS VERY DANGEROUS

Retyping from the earlier post, clarifying what I found on the mountain.  Apple Creek Road has been plowed and salted, although temps are getting too cold for the salt to do much good.  

THE SERIOUS PART: From the entrance up past Chris Martin (#211) all the way to the next curve to the left, it is exceedingly icy.  In order to back down to Chris's driveway safely, we laid a good bit of salt out....consider that a landing pad of sorts if you are heading up.  Keep your speed up or you may not make it to that turn.

Coming DOWN from that curve...well, that is probably the most dangerous part of all.  Once you lose traction, it's a free-for-all.  I can't say in all good conscience that anyone should attempt it.  Up, maybe, down, no.

Above that turn, I had no issues all the way up to Staymon and home.  Which is where I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.  :-)

I'll start a new post for Wednesday morning when I hear about 'things'.


Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment