Friday, February 26, 2016

FRIDAY A.M. UPDATE

Flurries will continue to taper off this morning, but it's a cold one - 23 degrees as I type at 4:30am.  It snowed hard 1130p-1215a, and I have about an inch of new snow.  I was happy to see so much snow here blown away, sublimated, etc. when I got home Thursday afternoon...so the inch of snow I've measured this morning is the new snow from overnight.

Apple Creek Road was in perfect shape yesterday, and even though portions are most likely snow covered this morning, I'm guessing the grip is rather good as long as you drive under control.  Feel free to add your report in the comments section below.

Sun comes back out today eventually, but it will be a cold day on the mountain.  Warmer but still chilly Saturday...and then we enjoy a warm up of sorts through the middle of next week.

March 1 should be a "lamb": a mild-ish day near 60 degrees, with a limited rain chance.  Colder air comes in the latter part of next week, with more rain...and as I say every year, March Madness isn't just about basketball.  It's also a period of notoriously heavy snows in western NC.  For now, we'll take this little peanut episode.


Bob

1 comment:

  1. FYI: Tried to go down in AWD (it's 10:30am) and lost complete traction near the bright yellow house. Parked nearby on the side of the road. Use caution!

    ReplyDelete