Sunday, February 7, 2016

SNOW DEVELOPS MONDAY

2-6-16 sunrise - click to enlarge
Had to laugh and chide myself at the same time Saturday morning...the short-lived morning glow was shaping up just before sunrise, so I grabbed my camera and went out on the deck...only to get a "battery exhausted" message before I could get one shot.  Luckily, my Galaxy S5 phone takes a great picture on its own!

I've been watching this incoming system for about a week and a half in the models and all along for Haywood County it has looked like a 1"-4" event from a NW flow pattern.  2"-3" for ACA seems reasonable. It will be heavier the closer you get to the TN border, but the models have yet to push those amounts into ACA's range.

At the moment, the better chances of the first wave of stronger snow bands look to arrive around noon-ish Monday, and I would expect deteriorating road conditions in ACA quickly thereafter. The snow showers will be continuing off and on through Tuesday.

So, the good news is this is a limited event in terms of amounts.  The not so good news is there is some bitterly cold temperatures coming in after it, so we won't get that warming and melting we had immediately after the last dumping.

I'll update later when any other information comes in.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment