Thursday, February 25, 2016

THURSDAY 5:30am UPDATE

Wind has swept some of my snow accumulation away, but still have about 1/2".  BIGGEST CONCERN was my driveway, which was solid ice.  Just treated with salt as I have to get out soon, but admittedly I'm concerned about what I'll find on Apple Creek Road. 

6:40am update: I chose 4WD High and had no problems. I did stop at the upper hairpin (for you newcomers a lot of us refer to it as The Big Curve) and it was very slick in most areas.  But that wasn't the case at the lower hairpin. Dick Fields is just below the lower turn and he had 31.5 degrees and no ice on his driveway or on the road. And it could be that through daybreak temps and duration may hit that sudden flashpoint where liquid goes to ice at the snap of a finger, so be careful. 

Off-on snow showers will continue today, and may have a bit stronger push later this afternoon.  As long as the wind keeps up, it will keep accumulations well below the forecast...the down side is the problem areas will be colder than forecast, as well.

All that to say use your best judgment and caution, and welcome what improvements come our way Friday.


Bob

1 comment:

  1. Just got up at 6:15. We are just below 3600ft, & my pretty reliable thermometer reads 31.5. I walked to the road and back and found no ice on my driveway or on the road.

    ReplyDelete