Friday, January 19, 2018

FRIDAY A.M. UPDATE

Good morning, everybody.  I'll be heading all the way down from Staymon Road around 8:30am, and once I'm at school I'll post my road notes in the comments below.  Again, thanks to all who add their reports in as this is very helpful.

While today will be a good melting day, we are still dealing with a basically white road for a lot of Apple Creek Road.  At 5am it was 30 degrees, and now at 7 its 27...far from a deep freeze, so hopefully what salt was put out has been working overnight.

Take it slow and low.


Bob


3 comments:

  1. More black areas here and there, but plenty of slushy, textured snow this morning. . Had zero issues in 4WD down from Staymon Road. 2WD would be risky still, guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live up past Staymon and it’s a little tricky up there but was able to get down. Thank you for your update. It gave me the courage to attempt the drive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s clear comingnup as of 400 PM this evening until just before my house in the 90 degree curve... it was a task but I was able to get my 2WD up to 620.
    Thank you for the continued updates. Hopefully tomorrow with the weather it will clear the rest of the upper mountain.

    ReplyDelete