Thursday, January 18, 2018

THURSDAY A.M. UPDATE

I'll be trying to head down Apple Creek Road from Staymon shortly.  Had a low of 3 before midnight, but just got into double digits.  All sun today, and highs in town should go a little above freezing.  Refreeze the next couple of nights, but highs will be getting much warmer as we head into the weekend...and none too soon.

School wi-fi flags Blogger, but I'll try and at least post in the comments section below my experience.  Thanks for all that do post road information...it's extremely helpful to those needing to travel down or up the mountain.


Bob

7 comments:

  1. Made it down slowly, no slipping issues. Road has been salted. Periodic slivers of dry pavement help. 2WD discouraged, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few vehicles heading down. No vehicles going up. The sun is melting the snow in spots where some black top is showing. There is no salt or sand on the road by my house (165 Apple Creek, 2nd house on the left from the bottom).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any Information would be helpful... I’ve been out of town the last couple of days and will be heading home this afternoon. I’m at 620, the formally known yellow house... with those coming down, wondering if I’ll be able to get up or if I’m hiking? I do have a 2WD.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1:15 pm@211 Apple creek Vehicles going down but sliding across from the Conners wood shed. Be really care approaching our mailbox. Low range recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came up to Staymon Road around 4pm and had minimal slippage, but that's in 4WD and snow mode. 2WD would be very risky coming down, and as Connie has written impassable for her going up. When I inspected Apple Creek Road at Staymon this morning, I could see salt granules scattered around burning holes, but was bummed the road wasn't in better shape this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I went to edit my post and deleted it. I was unable to get past the second curve and had to back down and park at the bottom. Hopefully tomorrow it will be better.

    ReplyDelete