Monday, January 1, 2018

MONDAY P.M. UPDATE

Happy Frozen New Year, Y'all!
(updated at 230p)

Heavens, but we're starting with a frigid mess this first day of 2018.  My low was 5 degrees and topped out at a balmy 10 degrees. Did pick up close to 0.2" snow overnight, which is sitting on top of the ice layer we picked up yesterday afternoon.  Lots of icy roads still out there in much of western NC.

I just went to Apple Creek Road at the base of Staymon and walked around a bit. 90% of the road there still had an icy glaze, though there were multiple tire tracks.  Did notice it was icier toward the outer edges of the road.  I drove up Apple Creek Road 50 yards or so and turned around, then tapped my brakes coming down and slid, so if folks are getting down the mountain, it's not an easy trek.  I've gotten no other reports, so that's all I have to offer for now. It's a good day to stay hunkered down.


Bob

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bob, we are new owners in Apple Creek acres and my brother and I helped Jeff Salt the entire road on Monday so our guests with 2 wheel drive cars could get out on Tuesday. Who would I contact about getting a trailer hitch mounted salt spreader so that the job could be done in one hour instead of the 4 1/2 hours it took the three of us? You can send it to my email which is bluebill123@gmail.com. Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete