Wednesday, January 17, 2018

WEDNESDAY EARLY A.M. UPDATE

Snow has exceeded models as I have at least 3.5 inches at 630am.  Our advisory has been extended until noon, and thankfully the school system called a 'no-day' so I don't feel pressure to get off the mountain today.

While we're used to this, the eastern 2/3 of NC is bracing for multiple inches as well, which is a far bigger deal to them.  Temperatures will be bitter today...I'm at 13 as I type, and highs at least here at the end of Staymon won't see 20 today.  Tonight's lows should be single digits, but the high might hit 32 for some of us.  Friday sees a definite improvement in afternoon highs, and the warming continues into the weekend and beyond.  For now.

If/when I get word on plowing/salting I'll probably start a new post.  For now, the Green Mountain Blueberry Coffee is tasting mighty fine....


Bob

3 comments:

  1. The plow and salt spreader went up road about quarter to 12pm. Two large SYV's have passed with no problem (after the plow)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up here, above Burnt Fork, has been plowed.

    ReplyDelete