Saturday, January 13, 2018

SLICK CONDITIONS THIS A.M.

Apologies for not getting this out last evening...one of those days.  I've got just a tad under an inch of snow, but underneath it is a crusty icy layer.  Truth be told, I found it a bit grippy as I worked a little on the driveway, but I weigh far less than my 6400 pound SUV.  I'm a ways from Apple Creek Road, so I'll rely on any reports anyone has to offer as to passability this morning.

Picked up 1.78 inches of rain before it switched over, which removed the salt left on the road/driveway.  Temperatures will be below freezing for a few days, with a chance for some of us to go above 32 degrees Monday, which thankfully is a holiday for most of us.

But that's not all.  Another system will move in later Tuesday into Wednesday, but it will be coming from the northwest, not a southern system.  Should we get accumulating snow from it (expected, but light), it will be in the 1-3 inch category.  Models want to lay down 3 inches from Charlotte to Greensboro to Raleigh, so eyes watching that.

The bummer of Tuesday's incoming system is another rock-bottom drop in temperatures, with a low Thursday morning in ACA back down into single digits.  Luckily, temps start to rebound by Friday.


Bob

6 comments:

  1. I worked until 3 this am and couldn’t get past David’s house because of the ice. Looks like I’ll be getting my exercise the next few days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How far up is David's house? (wondering if it is above me at 579)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was guessing David Rich, the red roof just below the blue roof...notorious stretch in snow and ice.

      Delete
    2. David Sttiles, just before the house where they hang the large Christmas Sticking outside.

      I’m seeing cars this evening (Sunday at4), so I’m hoping the roads are melting

      Delete
    3. I've put up a new blog post...it's still a winter wonderland higher up.

      Delete
  3. be careful of melting snow from Conner's driveway.

    ReplyDelete