Sunday, January 14, 2018

SUNDAY P.M. UPDATE

Looking uphill on Apple Creek Road @ Staymon
Looking downhill on Apple Creek Road @ Staymon
This morning's HEAVY depositional frost on a container
I had taken outside and accidentally left

After a low of 7 this morning (with THE heaviest deposition frost I've seen in many years) and a high currently of 26, I just drove down to the end of Staymon at Apple Creek Road to check conditions.  The problem is not getting many reports by email or phone about conditions (thanks, Connie and Chris!), so I can only speak about this location.  Lower down the road is more clear per Chris Martin, but up here the pictures speak for themselves.

If I had to get down, I know I could, going slowly in un-used snow.  The tire tracks I checked were solid ice, best to be avoided.  Thankfully Monday is a holiday, so the pressure for some of us to have to try and go down is lessened.

Highs should get above 32 for some of us Monday, but Tuesday is another incoming chance for light accumulating snow and even more bitterly cold temps moving in, albeit for a shorter timeframe.  More on that later


Bob

4 comments:

  1. The road here at 579 seems clear thanks to the two guys in a red vehicle who walked up and down this section throwing out salt. I have no idea how far up they got. I will venture out around 11:30 or so but won't know more till then

    ReplyDelete
  2. The salt throwers were on the road here yesterday around 11:30 in the morning. I wish I could post a picture of how good the road looks at this part of the road but I don't think I have that ability.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Linn! Your words are just as effective as a picture. :-) For those that don't know, 579 is just below the double hairpin curves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From flat part of Apple Creek down, just past mirror curve, road has been salted. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete