Friday, January 28, 2022

FRIDAY 11:30pm UPDATE: SNOW AND ROADS

7AM UPDATE:  The NWS Warning has been extended to 9am...upstream snow bands in TN are coming right at us.  I have about 5" here at the end of Staymon.  If our plower reads this, I know you need to turn around at the foot of my driveway, but as I type my car may well be in your way.  I will work on getting it moved in a couple of hours.  To all, it's 14 degrees here and keep in mind that even after plowing the roads here will be dangerously slick as traditional road salt won't work in these temperatures.  My -5 degree magnesium salts will, so I guess I'd better get to work and move my car!   Wheeee......NOT.

(original post ~11:30pm): I came back much later than expected to ACA tonight....once I hit I-40 West in Haywood County, the interstate was lightly covered in snow.  At Exit 27, more of the same.  At Lake J, the right lane was somewhat clear, but the left snow-covered....and Mauney Cove was 100% snow covered.  Apple Creek Road was more of the same, and the depth of the snow increased as I drove up, along with the myriad squiggle tire tracks of 2-wheel drive cars (or AWD?) that never made it to where they were heading.   

Even I started slipping at the very top of Staymon before it flattens to the left, but then made it to the bottom of my driveway that I knew was my dead end for the night.  Yep, just a 200' walk home, no complaints.  

The wind is cranking up, as well.  Down to 21 degrees at the end of Staymon so far.  Approcahing 4" of new snow as I type.... and the snow ain't goin' nowhere (still falling some).  The roads in ACA are snow-covered and SLICK, so please be extra careful.  More Saturday....just wanted to get this up for those of you with "Enquiring Minds".  :-)




Bob

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home safely! Thanks so much for always keeping us up to date!

    ReplyDelete