Monday, January 17, 2022

MONDAY UPDATE....

Our Winter Storm Warning has been extended until 6pm, but it's a moot point as our flurries are done.  I tallied 14.5" officially at the end of Staymon, but as you can hunt around on this INTERACTIVE MAP, there were some impressive totals from Beech Mountain to Saluda/Flat Rock to Haywood, of course...with a lot of shoveling to do. (Map may open with a world view, so just zoom in to western NC).

The plow is supposedly 'incoming' this afternoon.  Apple Creek Road is snow-covered, of course...I'll post any info as I get it.  Chris Martin (211 Apple Creek Road) wanted me to post that anyone needing to use their driveway to please do so, and to pull up toward the garage to maximize room.  As I cleared my driveway, the quality of snow was extremely fine, and slick once you stepped on a thin layer of it and pressed it down.  I can only imagine a car would be prone to sliding easily once snow cover is thinned down and before salt can work it's magic.

The wind field behind this exiting system rolled in this morning and should calm down after sunset.  So far the power has stayed on, thankfully.  Here are some useful links if you don't have them already:

ACA Facebook page:  

Duke Energy outage map:

Not that anyone is raring to see more snow, but we may get a few more inches Wednesday night into early Thursday morning.  More on that Wednesday morning.  Temps should get above freezing tomorrow, but refreeze is in our forecast every night.  Black ice will be a serious concern for a good while.

I'll update with any other pertinent travel information as I get it.  Stay tuned.


Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment