Sunday, January 2, 2022

WINTER STORM UPDATE: 7:30pm SUNDAY

 The latest run of the GFS has, well, gone absolutely bonkers, upping amounts even more (8"-12"! ACA is the red dot).  Not that a model or model run means anything by itself, but the trend for 36 hours has been more, and more, and more.  THAT is worth paying attention to.  Just where the additional moisture would come from to make an 8-12" snow around ACA I'm not necessarily seeing, but we are in line for 5-8" it would seem for upper ACA (less for the lower section).  If you haven't seen my prior post on this storm, check it out as I'm not going to repeat all the information again.  And if you didn't see the post prior to that one, including trail cam footage of a coyote and a bear at my house, check that out as well.  You can read the official NWS Warning details HERE.

Latest Sunday model run GFS

And so we wait.  This is NOT "Snowmageddon" by any stretch, but it is the first big shot of wintry weather for us.  It could be a lot heavier and could be a lot worse...but it will demand respect, all the same.  I'm here on the mountain for this event, so I'll keep you updated as necessary...personally, I LOVE a first snow event, like a kid in a candy store, so I'll be sleeping lightly.  LOL!



Bob


1 comment:

  1. 9am Several vehicles have passed 211 Apple Creek in both directions without problem. No visible snow on the road. Can’t say if it is icy.

    ReplyDelete