Friday, December 24, 2010

WHITE CHRISTMAS: Update 4

5:30pm


Posting this a little earlier...will be a couple of hours before the GFS data is crunched, but the NAM is showing some significant trend changes, as is the storm track/system overall.

White Christmas on tap. Oh yeah. However, amounts will remain limited until suppertime Christmas Day...an inch, two....but the system looks to be intensifying Saturday night through Sunday.

The NAM has gotten crazy hot and heavy on the high peaks in the Smokies, now pushing 20". ACA is now clearly in a 6-10" zone for the whole storm, which doesn't tail off until Monday. Just because I see this deepening trend doesn't mean I buy into it...and I do want to see the GFS data shortly. However, I've been having the nudges that the amounts will be heavier as opposed to lighter for this whole event. (click pic to enlarge...ACA is the asterisk
)




With that said, I have to say that the amounts I listed on the prior post are minimums. I'm well above the "blue roof" and the 'mirror corner', and I sense this could be 7-8" for me. 4-6" down low, and I do think our top at 3900' could be pushing 10".

Too, strong winds kick in Sunday night and blow the snow around and freeze our noses off, which comes with the territory. I will post again in a few hours, but I just want to put new information out there for the taking...or not! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment