Saturday, January 5, 2013

"Heads Up" for slight icing....

I'm in Charlotte working as I type, and I've hesitated posting anything for ACA....if an event seems fairly minor, I won't post info, but with the official Winter Weather Advisory in place for ACA from 8pm through 10am Sunday, I reckon it won't hurt to reiterate what you may be hearing.

I suppose the biggest disadvantage is that I'm not there to watch my temps, nor are my eyes up at the top as they are out of town as well.  Overnight tonight there may be a mix of snow, sleet, and freezing rain....amounts are truly minor, but a glaze of ice is enough to make someone slide off the road should it set up shop.

Basically, this is a heads up for any travel in ACA overnight through the AM hours Sunday...if you are driving out, test your driveway, deck, check vegetation for icing, etc....and I do know there are you wonderful few souls who post 'comments' updating what you are having.  It helps us all to communicate, so thanks in advance for your help.

Sunday highs are supposed to be above freezing, ending the threat of slippery issues should they develop.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment