Tuesday, March 26, 2013

MO' SNOW

6am  end of of Staymon

9am end of Staymon
11am - YAY for the warm ground and temps near 32 degrees!!!  
12 noon - doesn't look like any snow down on Mauney Cove Rd
(630a) 5.0" and counting at the end of Staymon and a balmy 21 degrees.  Chris Martin has already reported one truck going up and one truck going down without any trouble, and he said the road didn't seem slippery...light and fluffy snow.

This fluff machine stands to crank off and on throughout the day and night, with some flurries continuing into Wednesday morning.  The warning is still set to expire at 6pm.  I've seen official reports of up to 8" in other mountain locations, and unofficial amounts in the 10" range outside of Maggie Valley and north of Asheville.

11am UPDATE: I have not set foot on my driveway (only the pups have), and while I've got 5-6" piled on my deck, the driveway is clearing itself...a welcome sight.  That means the roads in general are in better shape than they were earlier.  FYI, somewhere near Soco Gap got 13" reported to the NWS.  

CLICK HERE TO GO TO SNOW REPORTS


Bob


1 comment:

  1. Up to 30 at my house, and the ground-warmth continues to be our friend. My driveway has only limited accumulation on it, and I can see (black) Apple Creek Road through the trees though I've not seen it up close to comment. Storm total at my house has been 6", but lost about an inch yesterday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete