Thursday, January 6, 2011

SNOW: noon THU update

Spoke too soon...I had just posted what's below the hashed line and then saw where the GFS 8am run just came down: ACA is solidly upped to a 6-10" range, now the 3rd run in the last 4 with these higher amounts.  Will post this evening (7-ish?) once both models have updated from their 1pm runs...pretty sure these high amounts are factoring in what's coming Monday.  Yep, Monday....one of those carnival rides you wish you could get off of but can't!


------------------------------------------


Quick 12p update as I just plowed my 200' driveway...there is a definite icy bottom coat we did not have with the Christmas snow.  I've got 32 degrees in the shade, so hopefully my icy base will melt on its own so I can save my salt for tomorrow.  Have no idea what the roads are like, but may give my new chains a whirl on Staymon and as far as I need them on Apple Creek Road.


The NAM 8am run was in earlier, upping ACA into a 3-6" category (from an earlier 2-4"). Too, the NAM continues to increase the Smokies ridgeline totals in the 12-15" range.  Hmmmmmm...


Will update this evening for the final call.


bob

No comments:

Post a Comment