Tuesday, January 25, 2011

WEATHER update: TUE-WED

35 degrees as I type this just before 7am...I'll take it!


While ACA is under a Winter Storm Watch, it's for accumulating snow Wednesday afternoon and evening. Tuesday's precipitation will be mostly rain, with some periods of sleet and snow mixing in, but even overnight it's supposed to be mainly rain, with temps staying above freezing.  Snow is supposed to kick in late Wednesday morning, closer to noon, and keep going through the evening and tailing off overnight, with accumulating snow down into the valleys by late afternoon.


Models I follow both are sitting on a 1-3" snowfall.  My original call for ACA was 2-6".  The WS Watch is looking for 3-5" above 3500 feet, more on the higher peaks along the TN border.  And this is for Wednesday, not any earlier.


Could be worse...I see heavy snow is once again forecast for the northeast from Providence to Boston, up to a foot and a half AGAIN.  Ouch.


bob

No comments:

Post a Comment