Wednesday, January 5, 2011

SNOW this week: update Wed AM

Clouds have rolled in quickly this morning, and snow chances (albeit light) start later in the day.  We have a chance for seeing light accumulations tonight through Friday night as a couple of fronts, disturbances move through.  Though snow flurries/showers are possible anytime over the 48 hour period, the 'better' chances are tonight and then again on Friday...possibly a bit better chance for the latter.
  
At this time, a digital model I favor paints only 'chance' category and nothing in the 'likely' range, which is good news....to me, good news means road conditions I can negotiate with my front wheel drive without chains.  Now, any snow cover can make for tricky driving conditions, so not a slam dunk I can get around, but it beats a 10" outlook! 


Accumulations for the whole period have remained limited, though the NAM still favors twice the snow for the Smokies than the GFS is seeing.  However, both are lining up in agreement, at least within an inch, for storm totals for ACA:


NAM:  2-4"
GFS:    2-3"


I'll update with any changes if I see them late today.  There will be limited chances for more flurries and light snow showers Sunday into Monday as colder temperatures settle in.


bob

No comments:

Post a Comment